Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Did you say FIVE MORE for Breakfast?


We spent the day hitting the trails here at the North Rim.  True to form I have snake pictures as they seem to follow me wherever I go. It’s just as beautiful as the south rim (the north rim not the snakes) but without the crowds. The wind has howled all day…though not really cold ….and is expected to howl all night.  It roared through the trails along the rim. The tent campers are chasing their belongings all over the park as I write this. This morning we had 5 mule deer show up at breakfast in our campsite. I took a zillion photos and RUFUS was on high alert as we watched them. It made me sad, however, to know that they weren’t afraid of us or Rufus even when he barked. It’s just not natural nor is it safe for them. But we enjoyed them just the same.
Yesterday when we arrived we put out the awning to find that the damage that had been done last Thanksgiving in the wind had gotten even worse. So Bill got out the ladder and I climbed up (very little fear of ANYTHING anymore after this trip!) with my sail repair kit and attempted to shore it up as best as I could. All of those years on the boat gone unwasted, I managed to stitch it up with only a little bit of pain and blood and hopefully it will hold steady for the rest of the trip.  Unfortunately I think a new awning is in our near future.
Tomorrow we will head out to Cape Royal and take more pictures of the Big Hole in The Ground and do a couple of hikes out there. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment