Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The final post...I promise

With the 4th of July behind us and Bill returning to work, I thought it was time for "the final post, end of this chapter, no more automatic updates for some of you, the end of the road so to speak"  but hopefully not the end of the "book".  
I've made 3 short lists for those of you who are thinking about heading out on an extended adventure of your own....Couldn't do without, Wish we had taken, Didn't need. So, here we go:


Couldn't Do Without

All of the expandable items that my nephew, Edward and his wife, Lisa sent to us...i.e., expandable colander, bowls, measuring cups coffee filters, etc. Thank you both SO much!

Propane AND electric heaters

Paper maps to go along with the GPS

Camelbaks

Parmalat shelf stable milk



Wish we had taken
Crockpot

ice chest

Portable shower for outdoors

Verizon Mi-Fi for Wi Fi access anywhere

Things we took but never needed

IPOD

More than 2 chairs

More than 2 jackets

More than 2 sweatshirts

....because even in the cold we had WAY too many and they take up a lot of space.


Thanks to all of you who not only actually READ the blog but also took the time to send emails with your comments.  They were fun to read and we looked forward to them.

The BIGGEST thank you goes, of course, to my husband who MADE me take this trip.  It was better than I could have imagined.  You know, he's not a real "forceful" kind of guy but he was really looking forward to doing this and I just couldn't let him down. 

And for those of you who knew my fears, listened to me carrying on and on and on about them....you'll understand my last "thank you".  

Thank you Dr. Oz.












No comments:

Post a Comment