Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've fallen and I can't get up....AGAIN!

Only this time it is my computer!  Yesterday morning I dropped it on it's head.  I now have 3/4 of a screen and not the part that allows me to connect to the internet!  Having had some experience in this particular problem (my Grandson Nick did the same to his) I watched him connect his to a TV set.  So, off we went to Best Buy in Washington, UT to see about getting the proper cable. So while it was successful, I now can only use the computer while I'm in the motorhome hooked up to the TV....no more blogging from a "hotspot".  This severely affects my blogging capabilities which had already been affected by the shear fact that hotspots were hard to find!  So after this post it may be a while before you see another. Maybe that's not such a bad thing for you!

While at the Kaibab Indian Reservation at Pipe Springs on Friday the Indians got the last laugh on us.  We got eaten alive by the no-see-ums again and are a mass of red itchy bump bites.  The thing is with these little suckers is 
1.  You don't know they are biting you because you can't feel or see them AND
2.  It's usually a day or two before they erupt with these big red itchy bumps.
So while we were praising the Paiutes for the cheap gasoline and camping......we paid a high price and just didn't know it.



We are in a nice RV park in Hurricane, UT now. Lots of amenities like a pool and jacuzzi,really nice laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards, an exercise machine, cable TV,WIFI, full hook-ups, lots of activities all for $18 per night! It has some old settlement ruins on the property as well. The weather here is quite warm so we spent today at the pool rather than sight-seeing.  We just needed some down time. Bill is off washing the car since it looks like a homeless persons condo right now it's so dirty and filled with "stuff". They even have a spot here for you to do that and even wash your motorhome.Tomorrow we head for Zion National Park for 6 days and then we will meet up with Bill's brother John and Sister-in-law Lora for a few days at Lake Mead. We'll get to meet their new rescue dog Dawson and we can't wait! I will try and post some pictures before we leave here.






No comments:

Post a Comment